Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tumble and Play at Olivia's 4th Birthday

Our 4 year old at her gymnastics party
I always have so much fun planning Olivia's birthday parties. This year was "supposed" to be an off year for big parties. When Olivia was one we decided to only have big parties every other year, and on the other years to go on trips or have family parties instead. However, Olivia really wanted a gymnastics birthday party with her school friends (she has really enjoyed her friends from preschool). Since we had signed up for gymnastics at The Little Gym we saw they had a very reasonable priced party option and the best part, they took care of decorating and cleaning. Had I let them, they would have even provided the paper products, but of course party planning is fun for me so I still managed to provide my own decorations.

One of my cost-saving techniques was to send evite party invitations instead of mailing invitations. While I still believe the invitation sets the tone of the party, I think there is a lot to be said for evites since reminders are sent to everyone invited the day before the party!
The sign I made that was at the desk when the guests arrived.


I also tried to reuse some products from Olivia's 3rd mermaid party, I removed the mermaids from the banner and replaced them with gymnast stickers I found at Michaels.
Shirt by Ditsy Daisy Boutique


My sweet friend used her awesome Photoshop skills and designed these personalized signs that I placed in Ikea $1 frames.






I used the Cricut to design some stars and fours and glued them on to long lollipop sticks.


Since the party was after lunch, we only provided snacks, including star cookies (made from Pinterest recipes and the most time consuming part of the party planning), Flipz pretzels, "stretch" string cheese, somersault fruit, and pop and roll popcorn.

Mixed fruit made more fun by putting it in waffle bowls!

Flipz pretzels


The food table

Delicious but time consuming star cookies



We splurged on a fun (and delicious cake) from a local baker-yum!

Cake by Mama's Girl Cakes


The kids had the best time. The instructors kept all 15 kids moving, dancing and laughing for an entire hour. Then it was time to sing and eat. All too quickly, the party was over.


Olivia with her cousin!

Jumping across the air track




We are thankful to all our friends and family for coming help Olivia celebrate her 4th birthday! She said she loved every single thing about the day!

Party favors included light up balls, hula hoops and jump ropes, with a note "Thanks for tumbling over to my party."
Jump ropes and hula hoops from The Dollar Store


Want to see more of Olivia's past parties?

Olivia's Safari 1st Birthday
Oh Two'dles 2nd Birthday
Olivia's Mermaid 3rd Birthday


No comments: