Monday, April 16, 2012

Oh TWO'dles! Olivia's 2nd Birthday-Decorations

Planning Olivia's 2nd birthday party was so much fun. After we took Olivia to Disney in December and I saw how her face lit up at meeting Mickey and Minnie I knew we had to have a Mickey and Minnie themed party.

I started a couple months in advance making items for the family party at Nana and Poppa's house so I wouldn't be rushed or stressed at the last minute. I really enjoyed finding ideas off Pinterest and adapting them to make them our own. I did outsource a few things, including the invitations and water bottle labels from Mels Little Zoo (I highly recommend her).

So without further ado, here is how Olivia's 2nd Birthday party looked!

Our two year old! Outfit from Lolly Wolly Doodle

For the napkins I used the Cricut to cut the two circles and then used the Mickey Mouse punch out (from Hobby Lobby). 
 More of the mouse cut outs served as confetti on a red tablecloth with yellow and black and white bandanas for the center. I found the yellow pail at the Dollar Spot of Target and used a skewer to connect it to the mouse head, made from spray painted balls with a ribbon to complete the look.

 The adorable sign was borrowed from Laurel and the Minnie was picked up for a couple bucks at a consignment sale.

The balloon wreath turned out to be the most time consuming to make, and included around 350 balloons, plus a Mickey I found in my closet from a visit to the Magic Kingdom in 2000.  
I picked up frames from the Dollar Store and added some of the Mickey Mouse punch outs to the frames and put in pictures from our trip to Disney.
 Mels Little Zoo made the water labels.

The candy buffet was the most fun to create, I made labels using my Cricut and added ribbon and more Mickey Mouse punch outs. The bowls were on clearance at Target, and the "O" tins were .30 cents each from Hobby Lobby.





 I used Styrofoam wreaths to make the Mickey head and connected it with skewers. 
 The fun red and white polka dot paper is actually wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby.

 The cookies were an Easter special edition cookie found at Wal Mart.

 Target even has Minnie soap!

 I made the cake, adding Mickey sprinkles on clearance for $2.50 from Party City.


 The cupcakes were purchased from Publix, then I made the mouse head using Oreos. I added the bow to half of them.

 Dessert plates Laurel let me borrow (purchased at Target I believe).

 I made the banner using Cricut.

 Another table, similar to the outside table.

 Cheese cut out Mickeys, made from a Mickey cookie cutter found at Party City.

 I used the same cookie cutter to make rice krispy treats.

 
The dessert table.

 The candy buffet: the sign was made from Cricut and says "Thanks for making my party so sweet."

 No Mickey Mouse party is complete without hot dogs!

 Mouse shaped nuggets from Costco.

Mel's Little Zoo created the invitation (of course the white block is not in the original invitation).



Overall, it was a wonderful party spent with our family. Olivia's favorite part was when everyone sang Happy Birthday. Later I will share pictures of Olivia enjoying her party!

Let me know if you have questions on how anything was made, I tried to include stores and prices, just to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to decorate. By starting early I was able to find great deals on many of the decorations.

Want a blast from the past? Here is Olivia's first birthday party.

4 comments:

Carter Clan said...

WOW!!! You did a wonderful job! Everything looks great! I love the cupcakes!! I am glad she had such a great day!

Unknown said...

You did a great job! My daughter is just now getting into Mickey & Minnie! Love those cut outs of cheese and the cupcake toppers!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

Oh my gosh, I'm exhausted just looking at all of this...but it's too awesome!

Kate said...

Wonderful, amazing and TOTALLY awesome party, Nicole! Seriously - I LOVE every. single. thing. you did! Olivia is so lucky to have such a crafty and dedicated mommy! :) xoxo