This past weekend my Augusta family hosted a Mardi Gras baby shower for Olivia. It was an absolute blast, from the games to the decorations to the food to all the special touches-it was a memorable, entertaining and creative shower~ I can't thank my family enough for all the hard work they put into making the shower so special. When we walked in the door we were greeted by family wearing Mardi Gras masks. Then I was given the cutest baby socks corsage to wear. Games included diaper changing contests (which indicated Mom and Dad need to take child care classes). Mark did great the second go round. I came in second, beaten by cousin Carter-but in my defense I had a bigger baby with floppy legs to put on a diaper and onsie. We also had baby food tasting games, don't say the word "Baby" and the icing on the cake was having my family parade around with "bumps" for a Mardi Gras bump parade.
A special surprise was that two aunts from Mississippi-Hilda and Betty-came all that way to attend the shower. It was a long drive and I am so appreciative that they were able to share in the event with us.
Olivia was spoiled with gifts from our generous family members. The nursery is definitely filling up with all sorts of cute baby items and we are panicking less now too. Only 58 days left~
The diaper cake Aunt Sherry made.

The beautiful cake Aunt Sandra got.

Notice the fantastic decorations my aunts and uncles spent Saturday afternoon preparing for the shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment