Well Olivia is sure making the last few weeks of pregnancy eventful. As you may know my blood pressure has been creeping up and for awhile they thought I was developing pre eclampsia but lots of tests showed that wasn't the case. So it appears to be a case of gestational hypertension, which is more common in first time pregnancies. Friday at my check up they decided to send me to labor and delivery to make sure the high blood pressure wasn't causing the baby distress. Fortunately, Olivia seems unaffected. She was moving around a lot, all her organs looked great, and she is weighing around 5lbs 14 oz. That scan was reassuring in case they do need to deliver early. But since she wasn't being negatively impacted by the blood pressure they want to try some medication and bed rest to see if they can control the blood pressure. So now I am officially on bed rest and they will be checking me twice a week. The hope is to make it to 37 weeks. So until then it is just a waiting game....
In other baby news, we have most everything ready for Olivia's arrival, which is great since now I am out of commission for helping get things ready. Mom helped us wash all the clothes and linens, the diaper bag is packed and my hospital bag is mostly packed. Last weekend Mark put in the car seat base-I was very impressed- and we put together the play yard/bassinet and swing. Now we are working on our birth plan and have a meeting with the doula we hired next week. Now that I am stuck resting in bed I also have time to finish reading some of the books that were recommended to me including the Breastfeeding Book and the Baby Whisperer.
Thanks again for all the multiple calls/emails/well wishes/prayers. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful support system!
No comments:
Post a Comment