Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

There are many characteristics I wouldn't mind if Olivia inherited from me, but there are definitely others (like my fear of fire or bad weather) that I hope she doesn't take after. Another trait I was hoping she wouldn't have was my ability to accidentally call 911. As you may remember, a few years ago I had a phone with numbers that stuck and so when I was dialing the 912 area code the 1 would stick and it would connect to 911. Despite my pleas that it was an accident they would come out to the house and do a walk through. It was incredibly embarrassing and eventually led me to get a new phone. Now I am extra careful every time I dial the 912 area code.

Well on Tuesday while teleworking Olivia was playing near me. I was so impressed that she was playing independently, but again I should have known that when she is quiet, that means she is up to no good. All of a sudden I hear a voice going "hello, hello." I look over and Olivia had gotten my blackberry and had activated the emergency call option of the blackberry and connected with a 911 operator. Thankfully they didn't pay us a house visit this time, but I did receive a lecture to not let my child play with my phone! Let's just say that I am learning (rather quickly) that Olivia likes technology. Only a few days prior Olivia used my cell phone to three-way call two of my friends and she also has learned to turn on and off Mark's computer and Xbox!

1 comment:

othervixie said...

I am sure that will be the first of many embarrassing situations Olivia will get you into. So cute.