Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Addendum to 14 Month Update (turtles, coloring, cleaning)

As soon as I post the 14 month update Olivia does more cute things I should write about :-)

At the neighborhood pool this evening there was a blow up turtle float. Olivia immediately pointed to the turtle and clearly said "turtle." She continued to say turtle and pointed to the turtle's eyes and said "eyes." We were trying to figure out when Olivia learned the word turtle and remembered how we showed her a turtle the day before that had found its way into our yard. She had watched it move around our flower bushes.

Olivia painted for the first time a few weeks ago with her cousin Maxine. Since that time she has wanted to color more and entertains herself at restaurants coloring with the crayons (and occasionally eating them). Here is Olivia's first artwork!

Today's music class was folk music and at the end of class the instructor asked the kids to pick up the instruments and put it back in the box. Olivia immediately started putting the toys in the box and helped the instructor push the box away. When they got home Olivia took the mop and started sweeping the kitchen floor, all the while telling us about the "mess" we had on the floor!

1 comment:

othervixie said...

I love how she says turtle! I want to make it my ringtone it is so adorable!