Monday, July 11, 2011

Shaking this blog up!

I admit it… I read a lot of blogs, including those of people I don’t personally know. I find amazing ideas scouring these blogs. Some write about ways to entertain kids, others are a party planner extraordinaire others into fashion, and some of my favorite these days are about organizing the home and saving money. One constant I find in most of these blogs is that they have theme days like “Wordless Wednesday” or “Foodie Friday” and that made me want to start a few regular entries on our family blog. So I have been contemplating. I know these are probably not “Nicole Originals” but we will give them a try.

Introducing….

Monday Moments: Monday is always a let down following an entire weekend packed with family fun. It’s back to the grind and I always find myself staring at pictures taken over the weekend, wishing I could recapture those precious moments. So Monday Moments will be a reflection in pictures from the weekend.

Working Mom Wednesday: Any working mom understands the struggle that comes with trying to find a balance while working and being a mom. Add in a husband, pets, house, Junior League, and a PhD program on top of that and you can understand why it can all seem too much sometimes. When I returned to work, I read a lot of books about being a working mom, subscribed to Working Mom magazine and scoured the Internet for ideas on how to manage. While some advice helped, others did not even come close to understanding what a working mom goes through in the real world. So this weekly entry is going to focus on helping working moms or at least offering a place to vent about the challenges. I definitely don’t claim to be an expert on the topic. It is a daily struggle for me and many of the other working mom friends I have, so maybe together we can figure out how to make it work.

And I haven't given up the idea of a "Photo a Day" blog but we will hold off on starting that project for now. My kitchen table is currently full of photos that need to be put in albums and scrapbooked so I do not need an excuse to take more photos! I also want to start sharing ideas for fun playtime activities to do with toddlers, but I think I am being ambitious enough with theme days, so for now these playtime activities will be random.

1 comment:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.