Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Working Mom Wednesday

First in the series of Wednesday blog entries about being a working mom.

For many moms I know the weekends are spent trying to cram in a bunch of errands that they can't get to during the work week. Of course running errands on the weekend means spending MORE time away from the children and often the errands take longer since the stores are more crowded on Saturday and Sunday.

On Tuesday I decided rather than wait for the weekend to run errands I would take Olivia with me. Sure, it would mean that we would be eating out and that we may not make her normal bedtime, but I would be crossing some items off my to do list AND spending time with her.

So off we went to Buy Buy Baby and the mall for some returns. But not before stopping for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. This place is great for toddlers with lots of fruit, veggies and bread options-not to mention all the kids there. Olivia entertains herself watching all the other children.

Once our bellies were full we headed off to the stores which were virtually empty and got prime parking spaces and lots of help from store clerks. All in all, it was a great evening AND it freed up some of our precious weekend time. So working moms, give week night errands a try. It really helps!

No comments: