Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fun in a Bottle

My new addiction is Pinterest. I am finding the most amazing ideas for projects to do with Olivia. I thought this one sounded super easy: Take an old water bottle, fill it half way with water and lay out a number of items to have your child put in the water bottle. Once they are done, fill the rest of the bottle with water. If you think your child will play with the bottle beyond making the craft, super glue the top so it won't spill.

Olivia was pretty excited in the beginning. She quickly put some buttons and feathers in the bottle. She watched the items float to the bottom.





Then she decided she wanted all the items out and was very close to pouring the bottle on the floor (maybe we should have done this project outside or in the kitchen). So once I stopped her from pouring out the bottle she became frustrated and tired of the project.

Next time we will use items that make noise or sparkle, I just used what I had laying around the house this time so I didn't have to go to the store.

Let me know your experiences with this project and what items made it the most fun!

No comments: