When wondering what to do with the left over marshmallows from our mountain trip (eating them was not a smart option), I found this great idea for creating a friendly ghost on No Time for Flash Cards.
It’s quite simple. You will need:
Construction paper
Marshmallows
Glue
Squiggle eyes (optional).
First I outlined a ghost and then while helping Olivia squeeze the glue, we poured the glue onto the outlined ghost.
Next Olivia started putting the marshmallows onto the glue. She tackled the bottom of the ghost and I helped fill in the top.
Olivia was very interested in squeezing the glue herself for the eyes. She even added some eyes at the bottom of the ghost.
This activity held her attention for about 20-25 minutes. Once we finished the ghost I gave her more paper and she glued more eyes and marshmallows to the paper, along with some cheerios.
Let me know if you try this out and how it goes!
P.S. I didn’t mention to Olivia that she could eat the marshmallows and she didn’t try to eat them until she heard my dad say, “Olivia are you eating?” After that, she immediately put a marshmallow in her mouth! But then I told her this was a craft project and she didn’t try to eat them again. I guess you could always do this with cotton balls if your child becomes more interested in eating the marshmallows.
The finished product
1 comment:
Very cute - I love the ghost!
Post a Comment