Saturday, November 19, 2011

Making a Felt Board

Inspired by a number of mommy blogs I decided to make Olivia a felt board. It was pretty easy and inexpensive considering I had a frame already. I cut hard foam board to the correct size and used spray glue to adhere the felt to the board then framed it. I cut some basic shapes but also found a few letters at the Dollar Store. I also looked online and found great precut shapes and designs so I plan to order some in the future. I imagine years of play and learning with our board and can’t wait to see what all we can do with it!
If anyone has suggestions for making and/or purchasing felt shapes/animals/people, let me know. I read that you can use the Cricut to cut shapes, but you need special felt and a different blade, which seemed like more work than I had hoped. Also please share your felt board learning activities, we can't wait to try them out!

1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

It came out great! I am in the process of making mine...I can't wait!