Monday, January 16, 2012

Letter of the Week-F


The holidays put us off track with our Letter of the Week activities but that didn’t keep us from incorporating the ABCs into the last month. Olivia’s magnetic alphabet fishing set has been great for fishing for specific letters. We also read quite a few alphabet-related books from the library and sang the ABC song.

This past week we focused on the letter F. We read books about Mr. Bumby the Frog Principal, a red fox, rainbow fish, and did crafts with feathers.




I also finally got around to making her alphabet notebook to store each week’s letter. Since we use the letter art work like flashcards they were getting tattered so I put them in page protectors and made a cover for the notebook based on one of our favorite alphabet books, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.



1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

She is doing so great with the crafts! I really need to get back on the letter of the week as well. Love your idea of putting them in a binder.