Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall





This week we are in charge of snacks for Olivia's PMO class. I thought it would be fun to make the snacks go along with the theme for the week. When I decided this, I didn't realize how difficult finding a semi-healthy snack that toddlers could and would want to eat would be. Even Pinterest was not much help.

We ended up baking a sugar cookie (I gave up on the healthy idea) and decorated it with food markers and icing (thanks to Mark for drawing the eyes, nose, and cheeks) and included dried fruit, goldfish, and yogurt covered raisins in the snack container. I used the Nursery Rhyme Cricut cartridge to cut out the shadow of Humpty Dumpty and taped it to the snack container.

Mark was very patient with me in this 3 hour snack making attempt-although he did remind me several times that the kiddos could care less if their snack was themed-based. I beg to differ as evident by Olivia's reaction. When I showed Olivia the cookies, I asked her what she thought. She said "Looks good. Let's eat them" and grabbed at a cookie :-)

3 comments:

GeekyGreenMama said...

You'd actually be surprised! Though, most healthy snacks are small. But, you can make your own fruit juice fruit snacks, or healthy granola/banana/blueberry concoctions, I've done both of those with Liam's class. I am also thinking about trying fruit rollups made from natural fruits and maybe a nummy dried strawberry snack at some point. I try to bring in healthy stuff since we don't really give Liam junk, so I don't want to feed other kids junk either, y'know?

Nicole said...

Yep I will redeem myself in the healthy snack department on Thursday-I like the recipes from Kids in the Kitchen cookbook-all healthy snacks you can make with your child. Let me know how the fruit rollups turn out. Sounds fun to make!

othervixie said...

Looks like a wonderful snack and I am sure the kids appreciated it more than you think.