Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Moments: Gardening

The weather this weekend was gorgeous!! On Saturday Olivia and I headed to the store to pick out flowers. I let Olivia pick the colors of the flowers she wanted to plant-it was an interesting combination but I just went with the flow. When we got home Olivia wasn't too sure about planting the flowers. She didn't like getting her hands dirty and insisted on wearing large gloves.


I just ignored the whining and kept going.


After a bit, she started to get involved and helped dig, shake the plant food, and water the plants. When we finished she was so proud of her work and wanted to show Mark her new flowers.




Even though we ended the planting on a good note, I didn't have high expectations for planting the vegetables the next day. But Olivia totally surprised us! She still insisted on gloves (today's gloves were even larger) but she wanted to be right beside me in the vegetable garden. For two hours she pulled weeds. She really worked at it too. And after that she watered all the vegetables and poured the plant feed. I was beyond amazed at how long she spent helping weed.





Between the gardening, some picnics, and playing in the sprinklers we enjoyed every minute of our outdoor weekend!

1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

Such a big helper! I am glad the gardening went well...it also took Addison a little bit to warm up to gardening!