The theme at PMO on Thursday was bugs. Typically I like to try and plan additional activities related to the theme and if possible we dress the part. So on Thursday Olivia wore her ladybug outfit to school. She made a precious butterfly and in the evening we went on a bug hunt.
I had found this bug "playground" for $2 at TJMaxx and it provided lots of entertainment. Finding the bugs were half the fun. We found several ladybugs to put in it and Olivia watched as the bugs walked the tight rope, sat in the swing, and crawled around the ferris wheel.
Of course, after the bugs played we released them all. I can't wait to see what creepy crawly we find next to examine in the playground!

3 comments:
That is a good idea to do another craft based on the PMO activities! Love Olivia outfit!
Love the bug playground - I have been looking at them online for Maxine - will have to check out TJ Maxx!
The location near us only had that one. If there had been more I would have bought them as they make such a great gift, but maybe other locations. If I do see another one I will pick it up for you.
Laura recently ordered some catepillar kits on Amazon and they sent her the all the instructions and supplies to watch the catepillar hatch into a butterfly.
Post a Comment