Tonight was a "first" for our family-the first time we carved a pumpkin together.
I have fond memories as a child carving pumpkins with my dad on the front porch but for whatever reason, I had not carved a pumpkin in years!! And when I was telling Mark that, he said he had never carved a pumpkin. So our Friday night activity was carving our first pumpkin together as a family. We bought a kit and let Olivia pick the design (with some gentle persuading since she first picked out a grim reaper design).
I thought Olivia would love cleaning out the pumpkin guts, but she just kept saying "eww, it's gooey" and wouldn't touch it.
She did, however, really enjoy taping down the design.
And she kept taking the carving tools away from Mark so she could carve.
Here's the end result. Pretty good for our first attempt!
Happy Halloween!!


1 comment:
The pumpkin came out great! Addison wouldn't touch the guts either! Olivia looks adorable!
Post a Comment