
Since I get to spend this evening with my best friend, it's easy to figure out who I am thankful for on day 3. Laura and I first became friends when we were in 2nd grade and found out we lived a block from each other. An instant friendship was born. We were both only children, had the same first name, and a host of other things in common and soon enough all our free time was spent together. Even when Laura moved to another town in middle school we remained close, visiting on the weekends and sending each other letters (yes, this was before the Internet). And interestingly enough we moved into her house after she moved (my parents sold our house and the house we were building wasn't complete so we rented her house). I remember us writing on the closet wall LSB + LNR = BFF!
Through the years we saw each other through good times and bad times but always, always, remained close. She is the person I turn to when things aren't going great and one of the first people I share good news with. And it's as if she senses when I need support and I will randomly find a "just because" card in the mail. I couldn't ask for a better friend. And I feel so fortunate that we live close enough to visit often. Now I get to watch my daughter and her daughter become friends and I hope they develop a similar bond.
Thank you Laura for 23 years of friendship and counting. I love you!!

1 comment:
So so true Nicole. I feel the same...*sniffle*. I don't know what my life would have been like without such a wonderful lifelong friend as you. I'm thankful for our many years of memories and look forward to many more. I'm so glad our girls are growing up to love each other too. :)
Post a Comment