If you spent even a little bit of time on Pinterest you have seen the idea for felt Christmas trees for toddlers which allows them to decorate and undecorate their own Christmas tree. It was such a good idea that craft stores can't keep the large pieces of green felt in stock. So after a few trips to find some, I ended up using scrap felt I had from when I made Olivia's felt board. I had to make the tree pretty thin because I didn't have much green felt left.
After I cut out the tree, Olivia remarked "that is one sad looking tree."
Clearly, my crafting skills didn't impress Olivia, but after she decorated the tree I asked her if it was still a sad looking tree and she said, "no, now it's a happy tree." Sad or happy, I just hope she enjoys it this holiday season.

1 comment:
Such a great idea!!
Post a Comment