Sorry this blog has been slack lately, it has been a rough start to the new year. Today is January 11 and so far between Mark, Olivia, and me we have had 8 doctor visits in 2013. I am praying we are now all on the mend after our latest round at the doctors!
The biggest news from these doctor appointments is Olivia’s “boo boo,” aka fractured arm. A few days after Christmas while jumping in a bounce house Olivia landed on her arm wrong and has a green line fracture in her forearm. While she cried initially when it happened, afterwards she kept telling us it was feeling better, but Mark (who was with her that day) thought we should get it checked out. And I am so glad we did. We were told green line fractures are the best to have and it should only be 3 to 4 weeks in a cast. We are half way now. Olivia has been such a trooper. I can assure you I would be complaining nonstop if I had a large, heavy, awkward cast on my arm. But she hasn’t let it slow her down, except that she has been a bit more clingy and needs help with a few more things.
And just when we thought Olivia was getting the hang of the cast she came down with a high fever on Monday. We were told it was a viral respiratory infection and it would just need to run its course and to come back if it didn’t get better in a few days. Well it didn’t get better, so today we found out she has her first ever ear infection. We are praying with some antibiotics she will be feeling good and fever free soon. As for the rest of us, we still have Christmas decorations up, the house is a disaster and we are very sleep deprived. Not the way we thought we would be starting 2013, but still there is always so much to be thankful for, like already having met our insurance deductible for the year! HA.
Olivia's request for lunch during her Friday doctor appointments to check her arm is always Arbys. She loves ringing the bell!
2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about Olivia! My heart breaks to know she was in pain and has to wear that cast. I hope she is doing well...love her smile! I hope you all are doing better and that the rest of your 2013 is healthy! Take Care
Poor y'all! That's awful. And she is the cutest little cast-wearing kid EVER! Look at her! I'm so sorry y'all have had such a rough start -- things *will* get better very, very soon. LOVE!
Post a Comment