Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Olivia's 1st Dance Recital

Olivia recently had her first dance recital. As a mom I was so nervous for her. I had watched her during class and knew she could do it, but she hasn't been on stage before and I wasn't sure how she would react to a large audience  and bright lights (the recital was at a large performing arts center). She would also be backstage without me for several hours before the performance!

Needless to say, my worry was for nothing. She did amazing, she even smiled on stage! We weren't allowed to take pictures or video inside, but we have pictures before and after the performance. Both sets of grandparents came and so did cousin Maxine. After the recital we returned to our house for a tutu bear cake I baked and lunch. The day was exhausting and Olivia and I ended up taking a long nap in the afternoon, but she definitely felt the love and support from family as she celebrated the completion of her first recital.

I hope Olivia continues to enjoy dance like I did growing up! She was a graceful and poised ballerina!















Gracelyn was excited for her sister's first recital!

No comments: