The Decorations
I wanted to use balloons for the party and we found a simple tutorial for making a balloon garland. We borrowed my brother-in-law's air compressor and Mark managed to make two balloon garlands with 3 bags of balloons purchased from Oriental Trading.
I used scrap paper to make the highchair sign and put some streamer under the sign for added fun!
We also used the Ikea $1 frames to display the monthly pictures on the fireplace. My talented friend Homma made the month signs I glued to the frames. The banner I made with scrap paper and several different Cricut cartridges I had on hand.
For several months I looked around for butterfly wings and would pick up some here and there on sale. One day at Publix on the clearance table I saw the fun and large butterflies. They were 2 for $4 and I bought every single one. We decorated all throughout the house with these butterflies.
We made caterpillars out of paper lanterns and I cut the eyes with the Cricut.
These gorgeous chocolate bug and butterfly lollipops were made by my talented colleague Joan. I was amazed at how perfect each lollipop turned out. The lollipops were the party favors.
I made the wreath for the door using glitter bugs I found on clearance at Michaels and tulle. I still have glitter stuck to my table a month later.
The kids at the party also received a butterfly net with a note thanking them for "flying" by for the party.
My friend Maggie made the chalkboard sign for Gracelyn and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
The Food
The food was one of the most fun parts. I made simple food labels, calling the food various names like "worm salad," "dirt pudding," "butterfly sandwiches," "ladybug strawberries," and "spider veggie dip."
The Activities
With almost a dozen kids ranging in ages we wanted some activities to keep them busy. I set up a dig for bug game where we hid plastic bugs from Oriental Trading in the sand pit.
We also used the rest of the sand art kit we bought for Olivia's 3rd mermaid party to make butterfly and flower sand art.
A butterfly mask craft table was also set up for the kids.
The Most Important Part
Themed food and decorations aside-the best part of the day was watching all our dearest friends and family being together in one place to celebrate this sweet girl!



















No comments:
Post a Comment