Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Peppa-tastic 2 Year Old Party

I have never seen anyone more excited about their birthday than Gracelyn. This girl talked about her birthday and chocolate cake and Peppa Pig for WEEKS. Everyday she would ask, "is today my birthday?" So we were so excited when it actually was her birthday and it was time to celebrate.

And by the grin on her face you can tell she was excited too!


Similar to Olivia's TWOdooles birthday party, we had Gracelyn's 2nd birthday with family in Evans. It was a smaller party with fewer people but all Gracelyn really wanted was the cake so she was happy. Still I couldn't resist decorating. While Peppa is growing in popularity most of the items I ordered came from overseas. I also tried to incorporate items I already had a variety of bright colors.

I made the streamer backdrop in about an hour, cutting out streamers and making a knot around some string. The food labels and water bottle labels were purchased for around $3 on Etsy and I printed them myself. In terms of the food names, there were a lot of ideas to choose from on Pinterest  but given we had a brunch with a waffle bar, I was limited in how to tie in the food to the theme. Of course we did have "Muddy Water" (chocolate milk) and "Muddy Puddles" (chocolate pudding), and "Daddy Pig's Wobbly Belly" (jam).

The Peppa banner came from an Ebay seller from China. I was surprised it actually came in time! Gracelyn pointed to each letter and told us who was who-she loved it!

Last year's big wreath with the bugs removed. The Peppa is actually a mask but I used it for decoration. The assorted color candy is from Party City and Target.

Repurposed Balloon Wreath for the front door

The water can was a clearance item from Target. The pig was given to us from another mama who made it for her daughter's party the week before!

Personalized stickers from Etsy


No party is complete without a Pinterest fail. The cookie cutter worked perfect, but my decoration turned out so badly I kept the rest plain! I found the cookie cutter from Cheap Cookie Cutters. 

Sign from Etsy

Water bottle label from Etsy

Muddy Water-aka Chocolate milk


Daddy Pig's Wobbly Belly!


Peppa cheese using the cookie cutter



We rented a water slide and bounce house for the kiddos!

Finally it was time for chocolate cake!

Outfit by Tuckeroos!

Ready to eat cake!

1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

So adorable! Glad she had a great birthday!