A busy winter meant I decided to walk during the summer commencement. The entire family headed to DC for the ceremony. My chair and committee member hooded me. Having Mark, my parents, and the girls in attendance meant the world to me. While I would never want to do this again, I can say now that I am glad I did it. And I definitely don't mind when the girls call me Dr. Smith!
Thursday, August 4, 2016
Graduation!
A long, long, time ago before babies and before advances in my career I thought it would be a good idea to go back to school to pursue my doctorate. I started out so eager-taking heavy course loads and sailing through courses. Then came difficult pregnancies, babies, a flu pandemic that meant I worked 12 hour shifts 7 days a week, and lots of excuses (if I am being honest). But finally in December I defended my dissertation and passed!
A busy winter meant I decided to walk during the summer commencement. The entire family headed to DC for the ceremony. My chair and committee member hooded me. Having Mark, my parents, and the girls in attendance meant the world to me. While I would never want to do this again, I can say now that I am glad I did it. And I definitely don't mind when the girls call me Dr. Smith!
A busy winter meant I decided to walk during the summer commencement. The entire family headed to DC for the ceremony. My chair and committee member hooded me. Having Mark, my parents, and the girls in attendance meant the world to me. While I would never want to do this again, I can say now that I am glad I did it. And I definitely don't mind when the girls call me Dr. Smith!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment