Monday, May 16, 2011

Week in pictures

In thinking of what to write for the blog this week, I realize just how much happens in the span of one week with a 13 month old.

Teething…Olivia has 12 or 13 teeth, I think. I don’t know exactly because last time I tried to count them she bit my finger, hard….I do know that she has been getting in some back teeth and for the first time, the teething caused a fever. So needless to say we had a yucky weekend with a feverish little girl.

Olivia loves "brushing" her teeth.


Reading….recently when we were reading “Baby Faces” to Olivia I turned to the first page which says “Goo Goo,” Olivia immediately said “Goo” before I said a word. Second page….she said “Uh oh” which is what the words on the page said. Third page “bye bye” and she said “bye bye” and waved. The entire time Mark and I kept looking at each other thinking, does she really know what each page says before we say a word? I will try and videotape it because I don’t think people will believe us!

Animal names and sounds….Olivia is learning lots of new animal sounds and names of animals. If you point to a zebra she says “zzzz bra.” She says “mmew” for cat, “woof” or “arf” for dog, “rrrr” for lion, “hop” for a bunny, “oink” for a pig, and she says duck every time she sees a duck and she clicks her tongue when she sees a horse. Other new words this past week included “clock” and “truck.”



Playtime…We have been enjoying the gorgeous weather outside playing in Olivia’s swing set, car, and playhouse. She even helped Mark plant flowers on Sunday.

Here is a picture of Olivia swinging at her aunt and uncle’s new house.



Eating…Olivia tried and LOVED watermelon. She couldn’t get enough of it. Here are pictures of Olivia enjoying watermelon.

No comments: