Whew, this weekend was exhausting-but in a good way. So let’s start from the beginning:
On Friday Mark and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary with a dinner date. It was nice to sit down and have adult conversations at a nice restaurant. For years I had been hinting-well more like telling-Mark I wanted an anniversary band to match my wedding band. We had picked out the band together but Mark had told me it wouldn’t arrive until Monday. He even went as far as to send me a fake tracking email so I believed that it would not come until Monday. Imagine my surprise when during dinner he pulls out the ring! It was gorgeous….but not exactly what we wanted because the band was too wide. So back to ring shopping we go :-)
Saturday we headed to Rome GA for a sorority sister’s wedding. She had bravely said that it was okay to bring Olivia and since there were several sorority sisters attending and I wanted them to meet Olivia we took her. The ceremony was outside and while we stood off to the side in case Olivia got fussy, she was quiet through the entire ceremony. She also was wonderful during the reception, even dancing some! We had a fantastic time catching up with other Sig Delts and Sara made the most beautiful bride.
Sunday morning began with a yogurt facial-yep, I turned my back for just a second to make the cheese toast and turned around to see Olivia was “feeding herself.” Since it was bath day anyway I let her keep going and she had a great time!
After the yogurt adventure, we headed to free time at the gym where Olivia attends music class. The day was too hot to get outside so we were glad to have a wide space in the AC for her to play. She ended up loving crawling through the tunnels (and the germaphobe in me is trying not to think about how icky it must be in the tunnel). She also liked carrying around balls and jumping on the trampoline.
After gym time we all took a much needed nap and then headed to see Ma’kulu and Gramps where Olivia showed off all her new tricks with animal sounds, pointing to your nose, eyes, ears, hair, and shoes. Ma’Kulu also gave Olivia a forbidden treat-ice cream! I think these pictures do a good enough job letting you know what Olivia thought about dessert!
No comments:
Post a Comment