Monday, June 6, 2011

Words Words Words

I know several moms who keep a list of the words their child says. I first thought I didn’t need that, but then people always ask how many words Olivia says and I find myself trying to remember and count them up in my head so I figured why not make a list mostly for my benefit, but also to share with our devoted blog readers. Mark and I kept adding words to the list all weekend as Olivia talked!

1. Hi
2. Bye Bye
3. Mama
4. Dada
5. Nay Nay (Nana)
6. Poppa (Poppy)
7. Splash
8. Cat
9. Up
10. House
11. Woof Woof or Arf Arf (for Dog)
12. Monk (Monkey)
13. Uh-oh (usually said seconds before she drops something)
14. Ba Ba (Baby)
15. Nana (Banana)
16. Shoes
17. I (We try to get her to say I love you and it comes out a long IIIIIIII Loooooo)
18. Wah (One-for when you ask her how old she is)
19. Hop Hop (for bunnies)
20. Boo Boo
21. ZZZbra (zebra)
22. ZZZZ (for her cousin Xini)
23. Dave (when she sees a picture of her uncle Dave)
24. Truck
25. Duck
26. Clock
27. Nite Nite
28. Yes
29. No No
30. App (Apple)
31. Eyes (while pointing –er more like poking- your eyes)
32. Nose
33. Meow
34. Rrrrr (when she sees a picture of a lion)
35. Amen (said before she eats her meals and if you forget, she reminds you)
36. Hap (Happy) Bir (Birthday)
37. Bubbas (Bubbles) and when she wants you to blow bubbles she said “blll bubbas”
38. Snack (while pointing to her snacks)
39. That (She says then and points to what she wants)
40. Geesh (mimicking Mama)
41. Look
42. Hey
43. More (when she wants more to eat)
44. Whoa
45. Milk
46. Mess
47. Bow
48. Cold
49. Hot
50. Out (when she is tired of eating and wants out of her highchair)
51. Wa wa (Water)
52. Quack
53. Hat
54. Nice
55. KuKu (for Kulu)

Olivia is also good about repeating words you say and is starting to try to put words together into phrases. We are quite proud of our little girl and big vocabulary!

No comments: