I love a good deal, which is why I am excited every Friday when the farmer’s market visits work. You never know what the deals are going to be, but there are usually some amazing ones to be found, including organic fruits and veggies. For instance, last Friday's finds included crates of strawberries for $1.50, Rainer cherries (Olivia’s favorite) for $2.50 and a head of cabbage for $1.
I usually stock up on the fruit to make smoothies for the family. When I was pregnant with Olivia the only thing I could seem to stomach for months was smoothies. Now Olivia loves my smoothies and she often has them in the afternoon as a snack.
Here is how I make them (sorry I am not including measurements, but I usually just go with how much of each ingredient I have and if we have extra smoothie Mark or I drink it).
Organic plain or vanilla yogurt
Berries (almost always include blueberries and/or strawberries)
Banana or Mango or Kiwi or a combination of them all
Ice
Put contents in a blender (or Beaba food maker) and voila! A healthy drink to wet your whistle on hot summer days!
Olivia approves!
1 comment:
Never thought about putting it in the Beaba Food Maker. I never like the job my blender does. I will be sure to try that soon. Getting lots of ideas on your blog today
Post a Comment