Thursday, September 1, 2011
First Day of Parents Morning Out
Today was a BIG first...Olivia's first day at Parents Morning Out and, short of the hour she spent in the church nursery a few weeks ago, the first time she stayed with anyone other than her grandparents and my aunt.
We talked a lot about PMO with Olivia prior to the first day and what to expect. She also attended an orientation last week and met the teachers and students. Still, I was expecting water works when I left her. But nope, she didn't cry at all when I handed her to the teacher. I did check in about 30 minutes later and she was being held by one of the teachers, but she wasn't crying so I went back home to work. I called about 2 hours into the day and they said she was doing great. When I picked her up she was playing in the tunnel and didn't cry until she saw me and wanted me to pick her up. As soon as I picked her up, she showed me the handprint she made in class and started talking.
And as soon as we got into the car she fell asleep, stayed asleep while I changed her and slept for 3 hours-PMO wore her out!
All in all, a good first day.
About this picture: So I have noticed many of my friends have their children hold a sign for the first day. I decided to do the same, but Olivia wasn't too thrilled with the early morning picture, as evident by standing on her head and whining. This picture will always make me giggle. I plan to take a similar picture with a sign the first day every year.
Lunch was a challenge. They ask for all the food to be finger foods. Usually her lunch consists of food she either feeds herself with a spoon or we feed her, so it took awhile to decide on what to take. (Don't you love my new label maker?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad she had a good first day. We were all thinking of her!
Post a Comment