We are fortunate to live close to two public libraries that we are starting to visit more regularly. Both libraries have exciting story times and puppet shows for Olivia’s age. We also started going to the library and reading books and checking some out. It is interesting some of the books Olivia chooses, and since I am usually chasing her around, I don’t get to pick out many that I think she would like. But we had some success this past time she grabbed books off the shelves. She chose a great Curious George Thanksgiving rhyming book and a Dr. Suess book about colors.
My favorite books that she is enjoying right now are the Fancy Nancy series. After reading one of the Fancy Nancy books for what seemed like twenty times, Olivia started going around the house saying “Ooh la la.” If you have ever read this series you will understand J
Selecting books to read
Using the library computer


2 comments:
I have a confession: I am scared of the library. Specifically taking Tom, but just in general, I've never been to ours. Ever. This post REALLY makes me want to try to get over my weird self and try it. She looks like she's having so much fun! I love that she's on the computer -- adorable! I'll let you know if I become brave soon. :)
At least at the ones near us they are forgiving of loud toddlers pulling books off the nicely organized shelves. We just make a beeline to the kids section. It really is great all the free stuff and activities they have for kids. And you can check out dvds and books on cd as well so it saves money! Let me know what you think!
Post a Comment