As Olivia is putting words together more and more, some classic lines are coming out of her mouth. And I realized I better write them down or I will not remember them.
So here were some from this week:
Olivia overheard Mark tell a coworker hi, so she started saying over and over "Hi Charles."
Olivia opened up the drawer of her bedside table where we keep books, and said "Wocket Livie's Pocket" as she handed Mark the Dr. Suess, There's A Wocket in my Pocket book to read.
After seeing how much our niece Maxine loves Ilama Ilama books we ordered some for Olivia. To say she liked them was an understatement. When we stopped reading them to put on her pjs she started wailing "Ilama jama" and "Ilama drama" until we started reading again.
Recording all of these little moments is important to us and I am glad to have the blog as an avenue to remember these moments. But as my high school journalism teacher told me recently when I sent her our blog, "there is something special about handwritten memories." So with that in mind, I am going to purchase a book, maybe like this one, in order to write down these special and funny sayings. Just recently when Mom and Dad were moving I found a diary mom kept for me that detailed what I did each day when I was around Olivia's age. I treasure it and want to gift Olivia with something similar when she is older.
1 comment:
I am so glad she likes the llama books - they are a lot of fun. We have been checking them out of the library and having fun with them. Can't wait to see her again.
Post a Comment