I haven’t been on my A-game this week in the arts and crafts department. Take for instance Tuesday’s colored ice project.
After seeing the fun results from my niece Maxine’s experiences playing with colored ice I thought it would be a great project to do with Olivia before the Junior League meeting. I somehow forgot that food coloring dyes your hand, and the table runner, and well lots of things. This is not how you should go to the first JL meeting of the year.
Another instance was Wednesday night. We were creating a card for Kulu and Gramps and I had started laying out the paint and paper outside. Olivia got tired of waiting and went over to the paint and brushes. Before I could stop her and put on her art smock, she smeared her hands and feet in the paint.
I had hoped to have her make a hand print on the page to look like a tree trunk and then let her paint the leaves, but she painted over ever single hand print, along with painting herself (and me).
So the end result was this:
Still adorable, but not quite the family tree project we had intended. BUT I must say, Crayola was telling the truth on the label that the paint was completely washable. All of the paint came out of our clothes and off us.
Maybe we will hit it out of the park on the next project I plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment