This week’s theme in the Smith household is the Letter A. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I found an amazing blog called No Time for Flashcards and they have ideas for books, arts and crafts, and other projects for each letter of the alphabet. While one letter is emphasized each week, they also include ideas for focusing on the entire alphabet. I have noticed how Olivia sings/hums along to the Alphabet song and if you say “A” she will say “B” and “C” so I thought we could start this activity now.
For the first day Olivia and I created an alligator in the shape of the letter A. While I cut out the letter, she colored it.
I had planned to glue the eyes and teeth, but when she saw the glue stick she insisted on gluing, so we were both a sticky mess, but she did a great job.
Later we read the book The Biggest Apple Ever, a great book focused on teamwork while hunting for large apples and baked some whole grain apple muffins.
We also read one of our favorite ABC inspired books Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, which is about all the letters climbing up (and falling off) the coconut tree.
I found some magnetic letters and Olivia enjoys moving them around on the baking tray.
Later this week we will make an ant out of the letter A and do some apple crafts. Have ideas for making the letter A fun? If so, please share!
4 comments:
I may have to stop reading your blog because I always feel like a bad mom...you do the best projects with Olivia!
I think sometimes these activities entertain me more than Olivia. It's definitely easier with one, I can't imagine trying to entertain 2 boys who are at different ages. And don't you dare stop reading my blog :-) BTW, I plan to do the fall blog tag entry soon!
What a really great idea Nicole! I will have start that with Addison! Thanks for following me! Love your blog and Olivia is just precious and beautiful!!
What a great idea. Maxine loves playing with magnets on the cookie tray too!
Post a Comment