Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Working Mom Wednesday

I haven’t given up on the WMW posts, but have been a bit consumed with work, school, and some yucky colds Olivia and I keep sharing back and forth.
But I have found something that helps me that I wanted to share with other moms who work outside the home…LUNCH HOUR.
I never realized how valuable an hour could be until after I had Olivia. Now my lunch break consists of dining with friends and former co-workers. (Much less guilt compared to going out for dinner or on the weekends when I have to leave Olivia). I also use this time to get eye brow waxes, manicures, make returns to stores, go to the farmers market, and read a magazine. And more and more I take this time to do my homework for my last class (YAY) in my PhD program. Anything I can get done during this hour, means more quality time to spend with Olivia when I get home.
This past Friday I used my lunch break to purchase items and create the Fall Sensory Tub for Olivia. I was able to bring home a completed sensory box for us to explore after work.
How do you spend your lunch hour?

No comments: