Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Working Mom Wednesday

Words from Oprah

I fell behind in sharing what I learned at the O You! event with Oprah and her all stars last month. But in her closing session Oprah really spoke to moms, both those who work outside the house and those who are at home. She talked about how of course, we put everyone before ourselves and that if we say we will work out in the evening, or devote some time to pampering ourselves in the afternoon, it won't happen most likely because life gets in the way. We end up running behind, someone needs us, or we are just too tired. So Oprah challenged all moms to get up just 30 minutes earlier than they normally do and use this time for themselves, whether it is exercising, meditating, praying, reading, etc. It is much less likely that something will come up early in the morning compared to the afternoon.

I left pretty sure I could do this-getting up 30 minutes earlier wouldn't make a difference, right? Well the first few days Olivia had a virus, then Mark got the virus, then I got the virus, then we all caught yucky colds and so these best laid plans didn't materalize. But it is the first of a new month and I am determined to give it a shot.

Anyone else willing to give this a try?

1 comment:

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

Yep, I'm enjoying my early morning time to just wake up!