A few months ago I blogged about the fall sensory tub I created for Olivia. When I first made it, she was only interested in it when I brought it out and played with her. However, as the weeks went on Olivia played with the box herself. And over the last 3 weeks she has asked to “play beans” no less than five times per day. By far, the beans are her favorite part and we have loved watching her imagination grow as she plays with the beans. She took the initiative to take tupperware out of the cabinet and use it to move the beans from one box to the other. Olivia also spends time scooping the beans from one bowl to the other. She also hide toys in the beans and searches for them.
Given her love for beans, I decided to keep the beans as the base for the Christmas sensory tub even though it would have been much more festive to use colored rice. And because of how hectic the holiday season has already become I relied on items I found around the house to fill the box: red and green pom poms, a stocking, ornament, Christmas finger puppets, and felt tree. Doing this made the box extremely easy and inexpensive and already has inspired much play!
Olivia also discovered she could sit in the beans!


2 comments:
The sensory tub came out great! I need to make Addison! Looks like Olivia loved it!
Love her sitting in the beans. I am so behind on making mine! Maxine might have to come share Olivias! ;-)
Post a Comment