Sunday, March 11, 2012

Stuffing Eggs for the Boys and Girls

Since 2007 I have been a member of the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton. One of the events our League helps with each year is an Easter Egg hunt for boys and girls living at The Drake House. I am helping by stuffing Easter eggs with candy and trinkets for the egg hunt. I decided this would be a good opportunity to start teaching Olivia about helping others.

I explained to her that we needed to stuff eggs so that the boys and girls could have a fun Easter and that the candy and toys were for other kids. She only asked two times to eat a piece of candy and was fine when I reminded her we were helping others and she couldn't eat any.



She diligently stuffed the eggs with trinkets and candy. My heart was filled with joy as I watched her help others!

No comments: