This month Olivia had both swimming and gymnastics lessons. The swimming lessons were a birthday present from Aunt Victoria, Uncle Dave and Maxine. The first lesson was a wash but by the second lesson Olivia had warmed up to the instructor and did what most of the other kids did (although Mark did mention she had a death grip on his shoulder a lot of the time). But what impressed me the most was how she came home and wanted to show us in the bath tub how she could kick her legs and put her face in the water. We made great progress in swimming and can't wait to practice more in the neighborhood pool.
(These pictures are taken behind a one-way viewing window so they are a bit blurry. We found it was better if Olivia didn't know I was there during the lesson).
I posted some gymnastics pictures earlier this month, but this past week was the last class. Olivia was so excited all day leading up to class. As soon as we got there she went right to the mat and did all the warm up routines just as the instructor demonstrated. When it was time to go on the high bars, I was floored at Olivia's strength. She was able to raise her feet up on the bar four times in a row and do a chin up, all with me just lightly holding her waist.
She also showed great balance on the beams and really enjoyed the summersaults. We are trying a dance class next but seeing how much she enjoyed gymnastics I think we will be signing up for more classes soon!

2 comments:
Glad she likes the swim classes! We are starting Addison in some classes in June! Love those pics from gymnastics! She is just adorable! I may have to consider those classes!
So glad she had a good time swimming! She certainly seems very happy in the water.
Post a Comment