Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Moments: The Beach

Since it is back to the grind on Monday I thought I would write about the beach. The evening we arrived  at Hilton Head Island we took Olivia to the beach. She was tired, had not napped and had been bitten by a wasp (ouch) so we were not sure how she would react. But as soon as she saw the sand she started squealing, "we are at the beach." She immediately put her feet in the sand and said "this feels wonderful."

Later as she walked closer to the water she told us "I  put my toes in the sand. I talked about it, and talked about it, now I have sandy toes." The rest of the trip she keep telling everyone about "getting sandy toes."

As the week went on she became braver and braver in the water. The last day was the most pleasant weather wise and she spent the longest time throwing her shovel into the water and watching the waves bring it to shore. We also enjoyed building sand castles, taking "goo baths" (i.e. putting wet sand on our legs) and running down the beach.





2 comments:

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

Glad y'all had a great trip. Miss O always has an adorable commentary :)

Carter Clan said...

Love the beach pictures! Glad she warmed up to ocean. It can be intimidating.