Last week was quite emotional for me. Our work hosted a large conference that took up most of my time. And because of the longer hours and since the location of the conference was downtown I stayed in the hotel. Prior to last week I had only been away overnight from Olivia 4 nights total EVER. I know it’s important to have “you” time and to get away, but I just can’t relax enough to enjoy it when I am away from Olivia overnight. I already miss so much time with her during the day working that the last thing I want to do is be away from her at night. I have much more fun when I am reading Olivia books, tucking her into bed and saying prayers with her. That said, the hotel was awesome, I enjoyed several relaxed meals (including one with Phillip Seymore Hoffman-well he was sitting a seat over from me) and caught up on some television. The first night Mark joined me at the hotel and we tried out a new restaurant.
Nana and Poppy took good care of Olivia, keeping her busy and nursing her cold. Olivia wouldn’t chat on the phone to me much, but Nana and Poppy assured me she missed me. One heart wrenching moment was when Olivia was playing doctor. Nana asked her what was wrong with her. She replied, “I have a stuffy nose and I need Mama and Daddy to come home.” OUCH. When I did get home Olivia was quick to snuggle in bed with me. She kissed me repeatedly on the nose and forehead telling me “I missed you Mama, I love you.”
I got back from the conference Thursday and Friday we made last minute plans to join Mark’s family camping. However my idea of camping doesn’t involve tents so we stayed at a nearby (rustic) cabin. Still Olivia got the experience of eating around the camp fire, sitting in her own camping chair, wading in the lake, and even spending a night in the tent with Gramps and Kulu (that night away from Olivia was TOUGH). The weather was awesome the entire weekend and made us even more excited for the Fall season!



No comments:
Post a Comment