Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Wrap-Up

After our Sunday Halloween festivities it almost felt like Halloween was over, but there was still more fun to be had. Wednesday we headed up to the neighborhood pool for a costume contest and snacks. Olivia didn't feel like wearing her wig that day but even sans the ringlets she managed to win best girls' costume. She was excited about the lollipops that came in the trophy cup.



After the neighborhood gathering we went trick or treating to a few nearby houses. At first Olivia was timid but as she went from home to home she started talking more and we had to prompt her less.



But her favorite part was handing out candy to the other kiddos. She picked two pieces per kid and put it in their baskets.

The night ended with a sugar filled Olivia who fought going to sleep. She told me, "Mama, I had a sticky day." I asked what she meant and she responded "I had too much candy." I agreed with that but what memories!

No comments: