Friday, January 25, 2013

Baking

Last night Olivia and I baked Poppy a cake for his upcoming (75th!!!) birthday.

I found the receipe on Pinterest (of course) and it seemed easy enough. Olivia and Poppy both love strawberries so a strawberry cake with strawberry icing seemed perfect.

Olivia did all the pouring, egg cracking, and most of the mixing.


And since the icing didn't have raw egg she was able to lick the mixer spoon. I gave her one spoon and I kept the other. She quickly finished hers and said "Mama I need your mixer because mine is finished." When I asked Olivia if she planned to leave any for me, she said "no." Well at least she was honest.


Tonight we will try our tasty treat as we sing Happy Birthday to Poppy!

1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

That is just so sweet! She is getting so grown up! I hope the dessert was good!