tagged me so I thought I would give this a try. The assignment was to list five goals for fall.
Anyone who knows me well knows I am always making lists and creating goals for myself so I had some stuff already in my mind to base this challenge on.
1. Focus on me: I definitely have fallen into that “take care of everyone else first” category and admittedly have not taken time for myself. I need to do better so that I give the best of myself to Olivia and Mark. I am taking small steps at this-walks and healthier food choices and more sleep. And I want to start back reading in the evening instead of mindlessly surfing the Internet to wind down after Olivia goes to bed. I also splurged on tickets to the O You! event hosted by Oprah in a few weeks. If anyone can motivate me, it’s Oprah (more to come about this opportunity of lifetime soon).
2. Declutter, declutter, declutter: It is amazing how much added “stuff” comes into your house after having a child. And with no time to sort, organize and get rid of it, the stuff becomes consuming. For awhile now I have taken one small project at a time to declutter (kitchen cabinets, master bathroom cabinets, and desk drawers) but I have a long way to go and have fallen off track with these projects. For the fall I want to tackle: kitchen desk cabinets, guest bathroom cabinets, and filing boxes).
3. Become more involved in the church: We recently started visiting the church where Olivia attends PMO. We really like the people and the atmosphere and this family time together. We hope to start attending more of the church activities and become more connected with the members.
4. Finalize my dissertation committee: I am currently enrolled in the last required class of my PhD program and still need a dissertation advisor as well as to get my proposal approved. Hopefully, in 1.5 years I will have my PhD!
5. Explore the area: I can’t believe I have lived in this area so long and there are still places I have not visited. I have a long list of fun places to visit as a family.
Any other bloggers up for the Fall Goals challenge? The five bloggers I tagged include:
2 comments:
Thanks for joining in! All fun goals....can't wait to hear about your day with O :-)
Goodness - those are big goals - I am too scared to list my goals as then I will have to do them - hahaha! I will give it a try.
Post a Comment