Friday, December 30, 2011

All About Olivia Blog in Review

I, for one love all the year in review and countdown lists that come out right before the new year. Reading those lists made me decide to come up with one for my blog with my favorite entries for 2011. When I first started this blog in 2008 there were only a few entries a month. Facebook was not as popular as it is now, so the blog seemed like the perfect place to share memorable events and photos with family and friends. The blog ramped up when I was pregnant with Olivia and in this past year I have found the blog to be the perfect place to keep track of all those special moments I think I will never forget, yet know the memories will fade fast if I don’t record them. Over the past year I have also found other bloggers’ sites to provide inspiration and thought for projects to do with Olivia, parenting tips, and ways to keep our household running smoother.
I am grateful for the comments and encouragement you have given me on this blog and wanted to let you know that I have some changes in store for this blog in the next coming months. While still keeping with the idea that this blog is mostly about Olivia I want to incorporate some new stuff into the entries –so stay tuned!
So, without further ado I present my top 5 blog entries of 2011:
5.  First day of Parents Morning Out: Talk about a milestone! This was Olivia’s first day of “school.” The first few weeks were rocky but now she loves school and her teachers and tells us all about her days. We are glad she gets this opportunity two days a week.
4. Monday Moments: Halloween Edition: Even though it was not Olivia’s first Halloween, it was definitely the first Halloween she understood what was going on. She loved her costume, she enjoyed seeing other people dressed up, and she most definitely liked eating the candy!
3. Feeding Olivia: I am not ashamed to say how proud I am of the choice our family made to breastfeed Olivia (until she self weaned at 19 months) and make most of our own baby food. Yes, it was time consuming, yes, it was one more thing we had to do in our long to-do list, yes, it created challenges at times, but also it was a great gift we gave our child and I am happy we were able to do it.
2. Olivia Reads llama llama-Encore Performance: This is one of my favorite entries because it is also one of Olivia’s favorites. She asks all the time to “See Livie read llama book.” Watching her excitement “reading” always makes me smile.
1. Olivia’s 1st Birthday Safari Adventure: Olivia’s 1st birthday party was such a celebration. Many times in our journey to parenthood I wondered if we would ever have the chance to be parents. We were blessed in so many ways to have Olivia so we went a little over the top with the celebration, but you only have one first birthday!


No comments: